Spicy Chili Chicken :
Spicy Chili Chicken may be a very talked-about Indo-Chinese dish in the Asian country. it’s prepared by initially marinating the skinless boneless chicken in salted buttermilk and chili sauces and then deep cooked or shallow fried. The fried chicken is added into another chili sauce made along with some vegetables. It’s largely served as a starter.
Step 1: Ingredients Needed To Prepare Chili Chicken Marination:
1) Chicken – 400 grams (skinless boneless chicken cubed to bite size pieces and soaked in salted buttermilk)
2) Chili powder – 2 Tsp
3) Chili sauce – 2 Tsp (hot)
4) Pepper Powder – 1/2 Tsp
5) Corn flour – 2 Tbsp
6) All-purpose flour – 2 Tbsp
7) Soya Sauce – 2 Tsp
8) Salt as per taste
9) Oil for frying
Ingredients For Chili Sauce :
1) Onion – 1 medium (sliced/cubed)
2) Chopped Garlic – 2 pods
3) Green Chili – 5 to 6 (sliced)
4) Spring onions – 2 to 3 strands (chopped)
5) Red Bell pepper – 1/4 Cup (cubed)
6) Yellow Bell Pepper – 1/4 Cup (cubed)
7) Chili powder – 1/2 Tsp
8) Chili sauce – 1 to 1 1/2 Tsp
9) Soya sauce – 1 1/2 a Tsp
10) Sugar – 1/4 Tsp
11) Lime juice – 1 Tsp
12) Salt as per taste
13) Oil – 1 Tbsp
Step 2: Marinating the Chicken in Chili Sauce and Frying It:
- Take away the chicken from preserved buttermilk and make it dry with room tissue.
- Then add the corn flour, all purpose flour and mix well.Add chili sauce, soya sauce, pepper powder, salt to the chicken and blend well. Allow it to rest for forty to an hour.
- Add the oil in a pan and heat it to medium to high temperature.
- Fry the chicken cubes until it becomes golden brown on either side flipping on either side regularly.
- Once the chicken is a barbecued drain on a room tissue.
- Before marinating the chicken in Chili/Soya sauces, the chicken was soaked in preserved buttermilk for four to six hours. So that the chicken will be soft and not dry out after cooking it.
- Preserved buttermilk can be made by combination one to a pair of Tbsp yogurt in one cup of water and add salt as per taste.In order to get the red color for the chicken and you favor less spicy, use 1/2 chili powder and 1/2 paprika. No need of food coloring.
Step 3: Making the Chili Sauce:
- In a pan, add oil, garlic, onions, green chili, bell peppers, onion one by one and saute it for a couple of minutes. (try to stay the veggies crisp and not too soft )
- Then add the chili sauce, chili powder, soya sauce, sugar, salt, a little water(1 to a pair of Tbsp) and allow it to cook for a couple of minutes. (If preferred add additional of chili powder/ chili sauce)
- Add the cooked chicken into the sauce and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Garnish with spring onions and Hot Chili Chicken is ready!!!
Note: For Spicy Chili Chicken Gravy
Mix cornflour (1 to two Tsp) with water, mix it lump-free and add it to the sauce. Check for the taste and add additional sauces if required. Cook it until the sauce thickens a little. Serve it hot with rice or flatbread.
Give A Try!
Also, learn How To Learn Spicy Fried Chicken.